Thursday, June 20, 2013

Quoted...

"This isn't how I thought my life would go." She said to me.
I responded, "Does life ever go they way we think it should?"
"No, I guess not." she said.

This was one of the most honest conversations I have ever had with my best friend.  We sat over dinner in New York in a bar that George Washington supposedly dined at.  My best friend was in New York, that was an accomplishment in itself.  And I live here. Sometimes that's hard for me to believe, when I get wrapped in the routine of all my daily habits, I forget that that is kind of a big deal.

So we sat there comparing notes.  Going over the last year of our life.  And contemplating how we got there.  It's interesting the stories we tell, the way life has gone for us.  We sat there, and when she said that I felt like our eyes were opened to adulthood.

No comments:

Post a Comment