Thursday, January 17, 2013

Pieces of my heart

This morning in my office there was a meeting. And as I sat at my desk I overheard the new comers talking about their kids studying abroad. It made me think of my brother and his trip to Turkey this semester. He text me, "We need to go some where brand new for my birthday." I promised to visit him in Europe for his birthday. We've been throwing around ideas for different countries. Of course I've named the places I've lived as potential destinations "Dublin" "Venice." "Paris". And as I thought about these places and some others I've visited San Francisco, my new home New York City, I reflected on how I've left a little bit of myself in each of those cities I love so much and how I carry a little bit of each city in my heart with me. I love them and in some of them I truly feel whole. So excited to visit him for his birthday, wonder where it'll be?

No comments:

Post a Comment