Monday, October 1, 2012

Throwback: Park talker

"Oh my, they are soo cute, are they yours?"
"No, I'm just the nanny."
"Oh honey, don't say 'just' that is a big responsibility."
"Oh ok."
"Is the little boy Filipino?  He looks like my daughter, she's half Filipino, obviously half because I'm as white as they come.  She's my oldest, she's at college right now.  Its hard, but at least I have these two to take care of." She said gesturing to her 8 year old and  her 12 year old.  "The older of the two, she thinks she's too cool for everything."
"Yep, that's what happens at that age, at least it passes.  It is good you have them, my mom, she wished she had younger ones when my brother and I went off to college."
"Yeah, its rough for us moms. So you be kind to yours ok?"
"I will be."
"Ok sweetheart, and you're doing a good job with those too, but remember it's not "just" thats a big responisbility, and you're doing great."
"Thank you"

No comments:

Post a Comment