Sunday, November 4, 2012

Halloween cookies

Wednesday, Halloween, I walk through the rotating doors at work.  And there's a maintenance guy standing there and pointing out to people how the plastic had been torn up from the carpet and we needed to be careful.  He points it out to me and then noticed the plate I was carrying and asked, "What were you doing in this storm, baking?"  I answered, "That's exactly what I was doing, I wanted to bring a little happiness our first day back, afterall it is Halloween, do you want one?"  He smiled, a little shocked, "Oh, well, thank you, yes I do.  Now I'm glad that my job was to stand here."  I smiled and said, "oh, well good.  Glad I could help.  Have a good day."

I continued, up the escalators to the elevators, I asked the guy at the front desk if he would like a cookie as well, he said that he would, but could I bring it to him at the end of my day.  I said of course, I would save one for him.  He looked at me, and I asked what time he would be there til, and he said he was doing a double, so until 6pm.  I said ok and started to head for the elevators but he said, "but I'll be at the East bldg."  I said ok and told him,  I know where that is, i'll bring it over.  He asked incredulously, "really?"  I said, "of course." and continued on my way.

I pulled three cookies aside, because I didn't know if he would be alone on duty. So I put them in a bag and at 5pm headed over to the East bldg.  I handed them to him and he said, "you remembered." with a big smile on his face.  I said "Of course, have a good night and enjoy I put in a few extras because I didn't know if other people would be on duty too." He said, " thanks and you too."  As I heard all the whispers from the other people on duty, I smiled and headed home.

The cookies were successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment