Friday, November 30, 2012

Elevator pitch

A term I had never truly understood until yesterday. As I rode up to work, with only one other person on the elevator, we each got in and punched our numbers. And she asked, "ooh what's on the twenty-sixth floor". I told her a law firm and she asked if I was a lawyer. I told her I wasn't and she asked "but do you want to be?" I said yes, actually I do. She was kind of adorable in her inquiry, like a small child on awe, "oooh tell me why?" I laughed a little. Well I want to be a child advocate actually, so I wouldn't do what the firm I work for now does. She then asked so what is that exactly, because my dad wants me to be a lawyer and I really don't want to, he said I should deal with medical law. I said, "well you would definitely make a lot of money what I want to do is represent kids who can't represent themselves." "Ooh that's so good." she said As I was about to exit she said "ok, if I ever need a lawyer I'm coming to you, I'll be your client and you'll be my lawyer" she smiled and I laughed. I would say for my first "elevator pitch" that went quite well.

No comments:

Post a Comment